· Home must be in the city limits and not up for sale.
· Home must be a single-family residence (not an apartment). Mobile homes are not eligible.
· Applicant must be head of household and owner-occupant of the property for a minimum of one (1) year. Proof of ownership and occupancy will be required. "Land Sales Contracts" (Contract for Deed) are not eligible.
· Home should not be in foreclosure status.
· Ameren bill must not be at "pink slip" (shut off) status.
· Homeowners cannot have City liens and/or outstanding accounts with the City of Decatur i.e. loans, demolitions, water bills, parking tickets, weed/trash liens, etc.
· Project must pass Construction Rehabilitation Specialist's inspection and be "feasible" or "do-able"
· You must fall within income guidelines for persons 18 and over living in the home.