- Top Secret/SBI (currently inactive)
- Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified Professional + Internet (MCP + 1)
- Cisco Certified Sales Expert (CSE)
- Strayer University (1 year)
- Associates in Science, Associates in Arts
- Cisco Certified Classroom Training:
- ICRC, ACRC, CLSC, BCRAN, CID, CIT, MCNS, VOIP-VOFT-VOATM
- Microsoft Certified Classroom Training:
- NT workstation, NT server, IIS, Networking Essentials, TCP/IP, Proxy 2.0
- Information Systems Management
- Thirteen (13) years experience in PC network and computer repair and troubleshooting.
- Four (4) years experience in signals intelligence
- Continue Technical education and Certification.
One year of training mid and senior level network engineers and LAN/WAN administrators for the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certifications and Network Security designs and practices.
Two years of training network and computer engineers for Microsoft Certified Systems engineer (MCSE) certification.
Two years training network and computer engineers in basic and mid level network designing and implementation.
OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, RIP, MPLS, BGP
Published several articles in Government Computer News (monthly periodical). Full Page Feature for Wireless, Wireline, and LAN/WAN security in Federal Computer Weekly (weekly periodical).
Engage regularly in wireless enterprise forums including technical, business, and informative speeches. A current member of the Wireless Enterprise Forum and the Information Assurance Task Forum.
INFORMATION SYSTEMS RELATED SKILLS:
Cellular Digital Packet Data (CDPD), Ardis (tcp &x.25 based), Mobitex x.25, Data Tac 4000, Data Tac 5000, BlueTooth, 802.11a IEEE, 802.11b IEEE, IBM Secureway suite of wireless middleware software. Dynamic Mobile Data suite of wireless middleware software.
Cisco wireless controllers:
Wireless control system (WCS), Wireless Services Module (WiSM), Cisco Aironet access points (autonomous and LWAPP).
Cisco routing and switching hardware platforms. Windows NT, Novell Netware 5.x
SNMP, MRTG, Solar Winds, Cisco Works 2000
700, 800, 1600, 2500, 2600, 4000, 4500, 7200, 7500 series
1900, 2820, 3508, 3548, 3750, 3560, 4000, 5000, 5500, 6500 series 3Com SuperStackII
RAD ware, Cisco CSS, Cisco Content Services Module (CSM)
Cisco Firewall Services Module (single and Multi-context) PIX 520, 525, 535, 10000, Novell Border Manager 3.5 Enterprise, Checkpoint administration (NG)
IBM PC's (Pentium Family, 80486, 80386, 80286); Scanners, Intel Aboveboard, Motherboard; Network Interface Cards (3Com, AT&T, Ungerman Bass, Etc.); CD-ROMs (2x, 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x, 24x, 32x); CD Rewritable's, Iomega Ditto Drives, Modems, Bernoulli Drives, Document Scanners, Biometric devices (Finger scan, hand scan, voice imprint), IBM Laser Printers, HP Laser jet II, III, IV, V, VI; PC/XT/AT. Hard Drives, Floppy Drives.
Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, FrontPage 98 -2000, Lotus 123, Word Perfect, Windows 3.x, Windows 95, Windows NT, Novell, Client 16, Client 32, Banyan Vines, Wollongong Pathway, Dos 6.22, Virus Utilities (i.e. Norton, McAfee, F-Prot); MS Office, MS Office 95, MS Office 97, Emulate for Windows, Max A-11, Spedi, Beyond Mail, GroupWise 4.1a, Pegasus, PW Mail, Eudora, Netscape Navigator, Netscape Communicator.
MS DOS (3.x, 5.x, 6.x); MS Windows (3.x, 95, NT, 4.0); OS/2; Novell 3.x, 4.x; LANtastic, MS LAN Manger, Portal NetWare; VM/CMS (ES9000) Cisco equipment.
MS SQL 6.5 - 7.0, MS Access 97 - 98 - 2000, Lotus Domino Server (Notes Clients)
Network Engineer Berbee Information Networks Corporation (a CDW Company) (10/2006 - 3/2007)
- Support client base for installations, implementations, and troubleshooting.
- Wireless Surveys, installations and configurations.
- Data network installations, configurations and troubleshooting.
- Network and infrastructure Audits, recommendations, and documentation.
Network Engineer Amdocs Ltd. (3/2001 - 10/2006)
- Constructed a full production, collapsed backbone multi-layer switched network data center, from ground up, for billing and related services for Nextel
- Planned and implemented a complete network redesign of the Amdocs Champaign campus network
- Designed final layout of full production, collapsed backbone multi-layer network
- Implemented final design for full production network, to include considerations for layer two through put, security, departmentalized satellite hardware and applications, and modularity
- Redesigned layout for the Amdocs Champaign campus network to increase bandwidth availability, redundant core resources (with existing equipment) and provide for more efficient use of network resources
- Implemented the design in a near transparent mode
- Provide day-to-day lead design engineering role
- Troubleshoot Local and Wide Area Network and Network related issues
Chief Technical Officer (New Technology Management, Inc.): (1/2000 - 3/2001)
- Managed 17 employees and their assigned projects
- Interviewed and Hired employees. Performed management duties. Approved time worked.
- Personally administrative LAN/WAN, consulted and managed technical issues and developments for the company
- Kept abreast with emerging technologies and how they may be incorporated into present or future business
Project Manager, Senior Systems Engineer (US Customs): (7/99 - 3/2001)
- Development, Testing, Design, and Implementation of current and emerging wireless technologies.
- Nationwide deployment of wireless strategies to US international airports, seaports, and land border entry points
- Developed, designed and implemented four unique Wireless strategies to include Cellular Digital Packet Data (CDPD), ARDIS, RAM (Mobitex), and Wireless LAN's in a secure IP and SNA environment
- Wireless implementations were designed to utilize client/server applications in a LAN/WAN and Mainframe environment
- Incorporated the use of video and voice over IP in a wireless environment
- Designed a proprietary method of utilizing a Wide Area Network based client/server application with various network topologies and wireless strategies to produce a LAN based Wireless WAN solution
- Designed and implemented a secure wireless and wire-line strategy for US Customs, utilizing Cisco Secure Pix Firewalls, IPSec, DES3 encryption, and government standard security policies
- Designed and implemented a strategy to develop and deploy voice and video over wireless technologies at all US Customs pots of entry
Project Manager (Immigration and Naturalization Services): (1/99 - 6/99)
- Managed a team of four developers to design, write and implement a relational database system to manage the mass migration of refugees from third world countries to the US.
- Responsible for interviewing and hiring of each developer. Reviewed and approved their projects and work performed. Approved weekly timesheets.
- System included management and operational capabilities incorporating biometric engineering
- Lead a team of developers in creating a relational database system that could handle mass migrations to the United States
- System was able to interconnect with various existing national data systems and information warehouses
- System included many input criteria and authentication methods including; fingerprinting, photo-ident integration into barcode, and profiling methodologies
Project Manager (US Holocaust Memorial Museum): (9/98-4/99)
- Lead a team of network engineers to prepare the USHMM for year 2000 by upgrading all NT, Netware, Unix, and Banyan servers
- Upgraded all network equipment (i.e. routers, switches, firewalls, modem banks) for most current and stable firmware and operating system platforms
- Wrote and deployed an access database to be used to track and manage any subsequent changes to the information systems environment
LAN/WAN Administrator (US Department of Agriculture): (6/98 - 9/98)
Configurations Team Leader (US Department of Agriculture): (2/98 - 8/98)
- Responsible for administering Windows NT 4.0 domain for Technical support team
- Managed backup and contingency for NT 4.0 domains for USDA
- Responsible for configurations
- Managed PC's and related equipment
- Coordinated team members in troubleshooting and installations
- Instructed team members in tasks and provide training when possible
- Worked as Project leader on special projects tasked by the government (i.e. Network software upgrades and connections, large configuration changes on groups, etc)
- Organized team members in daily Priorities, Tasks, and Schedules
Troubleshooting and Installations (US Department of Agriculture): (10/97 - 2/98)
- Installed and Configured of 386, 486, Pentium, and Pentium II's
- Performed Windows 95 and Windows NT Installations/upgrades as necessary
- Connected PC's to various Networks (Banyan, Novell, Unix, Windows NT)
- Installed LaserJet Printers and Peripherals such as CD-ROMs, CD Rewritable's, Tape backups, and Jazz Drives
- Responsible for Software upgrades and installations
Systems Troubleshooting: (10/97 - 2/98)
- Performed routine backup procedures, installations, network upgrades, and implemented data safety measures
- Troubleshoot and resolved LAN/WAN issues, desktop issues (i.e. DOS, Windows 3.x, Windows 95, Windows NT, MS Office, Word Perfect & GroupWise, Novell, Banyan, Pathway NFS, and common desktop user software.
- Resolved hardware issues
- Replaced and repaired (i.e. Sound Cards, Network Interface Cards, CD ROM's, Floppy Drives, Controller Cards, Printers, Video Cards, CD Writers, Tape Backups, Scanners, etc.)
Systems Integration Consulting Services (11/95 - 10/97)
- Self employed as a full systems integration consultant
- Services ranged from small business design and installations, LAN/WAN design and implementations, Information systems designing and troubleshooting
- Full time student
Electronics Sales / Repair Technician, Sears Roebuck and Co. (8/90 - 10/95)
Ronald L. Fugate