La Place Family Homeless After Fire

Posted:

LA PLACE- A family of five is without a home after the fire destroyed their house. 

At around three in the afternoon, Brandy Jenkins was doing the dishes when she heard a popping sound.  She walked into the living the room to find out that her television had burst into flames.

She dumped water on the TV, but that just made the fire grow.

She got out of the house and called 911.  High winds made the fire spread to her neighbor's house. 

Fortunately, firefighters arrived and prevented the fire from consuming the second house.  The first house, however, is a total loss. 

The Red Cross is helping both families impacted by the fire with emergency assistance.

 Cerro Gordo firefighters are investigating.  They say they don't yet know what started the fire.

Current Conditions
/