CHAMPAIGN IL – Taffies Restaurant will remain closed until further notice after a fire started in their kitchen. Fire crews were called out around 10:30 Sunday night to Taffies Restaurant at 301 South Mattis Avenue in Champaign.
Fire officials suspect the fire started near one of their fryers and ventilators had to be set up to clear out the smoke. No one was hurt as a result of the fire. The cause is listed as undermined at this time. Champaign Urban Public Health Department will provide inspection on Monday.