This article was originally distributed via PRWeb. PRWeb, WorldNow and this Site make no warranties or representations in connection therewith.
SOURCE: Best West Direct
Ecommerce fulfillment companies are nothing new, but they are changing the face of online retail. Their advanced methods of processing orders and payments, packaging and shipping items at discounted rates, and storing inventory are saving business owners time and money.
Phoenix, AZ (PRWEB) February 08, 2013
Getting the order on your website is the first step to success. But once you get the order, the next step is to ship the order to the customer. Best West Direct has solved this problem with a new Application Programming Interface program (API). Now in a matter of seconds, orders on customers e-commerce websites are automatically transmitted to Best West Direct Fulfillment.
What used to take days of downloading and processing orders is done in a matter of seconds. "This has dramatically reduced the time and labor in processing customers orders," according to Dennis Dahlberg, General Manager at Best West Direct. "Its a stream line process, that eliminates human error when entering orders, we can down load, print package labels, shipping labels and update inventory in one transaction."
With technology advancing at nearly the speed of light, how are professionals to keep up on the latest happenings? Many business owners who manage companies online are looking toward ecommerce fulfillment companies to alleviate some of the pressure placed on them by the demanding business world.
Here's how the API work:
1. E commerce retailers sell their products on-line through a checkout process in their shopping cart.
2. Best West Direct API will automatically connect to the customer e-commerce website and down load the order.
3. The API updates the inventory at Best West Direct and on the customers e-commerce website, prints the custom package label, generates the shipping label (UPS, FEDEX, USPS), and provide the picker with the correct picking order.
4. The customer is sent and email confirming the order along with the tracking number.
5. Inventory records are updated to manage the correct in house inventory.
6. Customers website is updated with the tracking number and their inventory is adjusted to match the correct inventory.
4. Many fulfillment companies also process returns and deal with specific/delicate customer situations.
The overall goal is to take out the human element of re-keying in data and manually producing package slips and shipment labels. Now the process is completely automated.
Essentially, fulfillment companies will deal with e-commerce orders from start to finish which keeps consumers happy and relieves their clients (the business owner) of some unnecessary stress.
Imagine if online retailers had the responsibility of all these things on their plates...they would go crazy! Fulfillment companies can work for companies large or small, and with constant improvement and advancement, can continue to change the face of retail shopping over the internet.
Best West Direct, an ecommerce fulfillment company located in Phoenix, AZ has been helping expand ecommerce companies since 1985.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2013/2/prweb10379758.htm