Decatur – An 18 year old Decatur man is in the hospital after suffering burns in a fire.
On Thursday evening firefighters were called to 1255 Brookfield Drive, in Decatur. Decatur Fire Inspector, Brad Gilmar says it was accidentally started, when the burn victim was starting a fire in the fireplace of the trailer. He was burned and taken to Memorial Medical Center, in Springfield.
The trailer is a total loss. Two dogs died from the smoke, luckily though firefighters did save one dog.
Evangelist Franklin Graham prayed on a sidewalk outside the Pentagon Thursday after his invitation to a prayer service inside was withdrawn because of comments that insulted people of other religions. More>>
The 2014 Decatur Law Enforcement Torch Run Polar Plunge to benefit the athletes of Special Olympics Illinois, will be on Saturday, March 8th at 12:00 pm. Beach House in Nelson Park on Lake Decatur VisitMore >>
The 2014 Decatur Law Enforcement Torch Run Polar Plunge to benefit the athletes of Special Olympics Illinois, will be on Saturday, March 8th at 12:00 pm.More >>
KEEP YOUR FAMILY SAFE WITH A NOAA WEATHER ALERT MONITOR WAND 17 has partnered with Midland Radio Corporation in offering NOAA Weather Alert Monitors. These monitors are available for sale in SchnucksMore >>
The Season of Change from winter to summer can bring dangerous severe weather. That's why StormCenter 17 is dedicating our weather resources to keep your family safe. Through the coming months you willMore >>