Springfield – Firefighters say unattended cooking is to blame for a fire that sent five people to the hospital.
Fire Chief Ken Fustin says the fire happened in the 18-hundred block of Hastings Road around 3:45 a.m., Saturday. A 52 year old resident came home and started cooking, then fell asleep.
Neighbors alerted the woman and three young children, who got out before firefighters arrived. All were treated and released, except the man who was found unconscious and unresponsive. His condition is unknown at this time.
Evangelist Franklin Graham prayed on a sidewalk outside the Pentagon Thursday after his invitation to a prayer service inside was withdrawn because of comments that insulted people of other religions. More>>
The 2014 Decatur Law Enforcement Torch Run Polar Plunge to benefit the athletes of Special Olympics Illinois, will be on Saturday, March 8th at 12:00 pm. Beach House in Nelson Park on Lake Decatur VisitMore >>
The 2014 Decatur Law Enforcement Torch Run Polar Plunge to benefit the athletes of Special Olympics Illinois, will be on Saturday, March 8th at 12:00 pm.More >>
KEEP YOUR FAMILY SAFE WITH A NOAA WEATHER ALERT MONITOR WAND 17 has partnered with Midland Radio Corporation in offering NOAA Weather Alert Monitors. These monitors are available for sale in SchnucksMore >>
The Season of Change from winter to summer can bring dangerous severe weather. That's why StormCenter 17 is dedicating our weather resources to keep your family safe. Through the coming months you willMore >>