Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
LONDON, Dec. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
The private motor insurance market shows no signs of shifting from its highly competitive state. This brief outlines how the top insurers are performing by examining their GWP and market shares and providing an analysis of their performance ratios, examining losses, and expense ratios. Finally this brief will look at recent developments and strategic trends among insurers.
• Gage the performance of the top private motor insurance underwriters in terms of their gross written premiums and combined operating ratios.
• Ensure your strategy differentiates from your competitors in this market.
• Gain insight into the major developments in the competitive landscape and how players are developing their propositions.
2012 saw the top 10 insurers shuffle their rankings, largely due to the fact that several insurers reduced their GWP as opposed to achieving significant growth. Aviva achieved the highest growth rate in 2012 with an increase in GWP of 5.7%, but it remains a long way from knocking DLG off the number one spot.In 2012 Aviva, the second largest private motor insurer, broke the 100% barrier and delivered a respectable COR of 98.7%. The insurer furthermore improved its loss ratio from 85.3% in 2011 to 79.8% in 2012, while its administration expense ratio is now the lowest among the top 10 insurers.Co-operative Insurance had a difficult year in 2012, with its COR increasing by 20.1 percentage points on 2011 to an unhealthy 135.7%. This was mainly due to a significant rise in its loss ratio from 95.2% in 2011 to 107.2% in 2012.
Reasons to Buy This Report
• Which companies were the top players in the private motor insurance market in 2012?
• How have insurers developed their propositions?
• How profitable were the top private motor insurers in 2012?
• The top 10 private motor insurers account for 68.9% of the market
• GWP among the top 11?20 insurers declined by over 10% in 2012
• Aviva delivered a profitable book as other insurers continued to struggle
• No change among the top 10 private motor insurers- Market share for the top 10 insurers decreased by 0.3% in 2012- Ageas and esure moved up the rankings as others fell• GWP among the top 11?20 insurers declined by over 10% in 2012• Some insurers are still trying to deliver a profitable private motor book- Aviva delivered a profitable book as DLG continued to struggle- Esure delivered a positive COR while other insurers improved their positions- Overall Aviva was the star performer• Insurers are looking to enhance their portfolios- DLG has entered the telematics market and enhanced its motor proposition- Aviva has improved customer choice by launching a new motor brand and app- LV='s growth strategy is to drive new propositions and new business capability- Zurich launches motor claims app• Brands are entering and exiting the market- Legal & General looks to re-enter the motor market as a distributor- Ageas begins Groupama brand transition
• Abbreviations and acronyms
- Accident-year combined ratio
- Gross premium
- Net premium
- Reported-year combined ratio
- Reserve development
- Written premiums
- Primary and secondary research
• Further reading
• Table: Top 10 private motor insurers by GWP (£000s) and market share (%), 2011–12
• Table: Top 11?20 private motor insurers by GWP (£000s) and market share (%), 2011–12
• Table: Top 10 private motor insurer performance ratios (%), 2012
• Figure: DLG is still number one in the private motor market
• Figure: Aviva achieved GWP growth of 5.7% in 2012
• Figure: Covea dramatically reduced its GWP in 2012
• Figure: Aviva achieved the best COR among the top five insurers in 2012
• Figure: Esure has maintained its profitable book
• Figure: Aviva improved its COR and achieved 5.7% growth in GWP
Read the full report:
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.