Fire causes significant damage to Urbana home

Posted:

Urbana - A fire caused an estimated $50,000 in damages to a home Sunday morning.

 

Our partners at the Champaign News Gazette say, around 2 a.m. Sunday fire crews were called to the 1400 block of Greenridge drive for a house fire. The fire seemed to have started because of a heat lamp in a nearby chicken coop.

 

Four people escaped the home with out injury. However, an Urbana firefighters was taken to Carle Hospital for minor injuries.             

Current Conditions
/
  • Current Events

  • Current EventsMore>>

  • Coats for Kids Drive

    Coats for Kids Drive

    DECATUR, Ill. (WAND) - You can help keep central Illinois children warm this winter by donating new and gently used coats during WAND-TV's Coats for Kids drive.

    More \232a

    DECATUR, Ill. (WAND) - You can help keep central Illinois children warm this winter by donating new and gently used coats during WAND-TV's Coats for Kids drive.

    More \232a
  • Agribusiness Today

    Agribusiness Today

    Get your agribusiness report here!

    More \232a

    Get your agribusiness report here!

    More \232a
  • Web Exclusives

    Web Exclusives

    Here at WAND we strive to bring you the latest coverage on news happening across central Illinois, and this page is a continuation of that effort.More \232a
    Here at WAND we strive to bring you the latest coverage on news happening across central Illinois, and this page is a continuation of that effort.More \232a