Fire causes evacuation of dorm building - Wandtv.com, NewsCenter17, StormCenter17, Central Illinois News-

Fire causes evacuation of dorm building

Posted:

Champaign - A dorm on the University of Illinois campus caught fire on Sunday night.

 

Firefighters responded to a report of smoke and flames coming from a room, on the 6th floor of Sherman Hall. The occupant of room 655 directed firefighters to the room with heavy smoke and fire. A sprinkler system in the room helped to control the flames.

 

Crews worked quickly to put out the fire and evacuate the 13-story north wing of the building. No injuries were reported.

 

The cause of the fire was electrical, causing about $10,000 in damages.  

Most Popular

Stories
Videos
loading...
  • Current Events

Powered by WorldNow

904 South Side Drive
Decatur, IL 62521
Primary Phone: 217-424-2500
Primary Email: news@wandtv.com

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014, WorldNow and WAND. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms