94-year-old man dies after a house fire, police are investigating
Decatur - An investigation is underway for the death of a 94-year-old man.
Autopsy results revealed the cause of death was carbon monoxide intoxication, due to inhalation of smoke and soot during the fire. The coroner also said, thermal burns were a significant contributing factor.
The Macon County Coroner says, 94-year-old Herman Melhorn died on Saturday.
Long Creek firefighters and Macon County deputies responded to a house fire in the 4000 block of Fitzgerald Road in Decatur.
The case is still under investigation by the Fire Marshal and the Macon county sheriff's department. An inquest is pending.
Evangelist Franklin Graham prayed on a sidewalk outside the Pentagon Thursday after his invitation to a prayer service inside was withdrawn because of comments that insulted people of other religions. More>>
The 2014 Decatur Law Enforcement Torch Run Polar Plunge to benefit the athletes of Special Olympics Illinois, will be on Saturday, March 8th at 12:00 pm. Beach House in Nelson Park on Lake Decatur VisitMore >>
The 2014 Decatur Law Enforcement Torch Run Polar Plunge to benefit the athletes of Special Olympics Illinois, will be on Saturday, March 8th at 12:00 pm.More >>
KEEP YOUR FAMILY SAFE WITH A NOAA WEATHER ALERT MONITOR WAND 17 has partnered with Midland Radio Corporation in offering NOAA Weather Alert Monitors. These monitors are available for sale in SchnucksMore >>
The Season of Change from winter to summer can bring dangerous severe weather. That's why StormCenter 17 is dedicating our weather resources to keep your family safe. Through the coming months you willMore >>