Couple Found Unconscious in Carbon Monoxide Filled Home - Wandtv.com, NewsCenter17, StormCenter17, Central Illinois News-

Couple Found Unconscious in Carbon Monoxide Filled Home

Posted:
DECATUR - Firefighters said they saved a couple after they were found unconscious in a house filled with high levels of carbon monoxide.

Authorities said, on Sunday night a family member became alarmed when no one answered his calls. That is when he called 911. When officials arrived to the home on the 1600 block of North Edward Street in Decatur, they found a man and a woman passed out in a room. They were taken to Decatur Memorial Hospital. 

Once firefighters went inside and started investigating, they said they detected levels of CO as high as 1,000 parts per million. They said they believe the levels were so high because the couple had a generator running in the basement. The home had no power and was being renovated.

Firefighters said generators should never be used indoors and all homes and you must have a carbon monoxide detector.
Powered by WorldNow

904 South Side Drive
Decatur, IL 62521
Primary Phone: 217-424-2500
Primary Email: news@wandtv.com

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014, WorldNow and WAND. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms