4 injured in Montgomery County chemical explosion

Posted:
RAYMOND - Three Cub Scouts and their adult leader have been injured by a chemical explosion that happened in Montgomery County Monday evening.

According to Raymond Mayor Dennis Held, the group was conducting an annual experiment during a meeting, which would result in a green flame being produced by mixing boric acid and anti-freeze in a metal fire pit.  However, an explosion occurred instead of the intended result.

The three boys were airlifted to a Springfield-area hospital, and the adult was taken to an area hospital.  The boy who conducted the experiment suffered burns to his arms and face, while the other two boys suffered facial burns.  The adult is also being treated for burns.

Their conditions were not yet immediately available.
Current Conditions
/