American Red Cross volunteers aid 2 affected by house fire

Posted:
ATWOOD - American Red Cross officials say volunteers aided an Atwood family that was affected by a house fire on December 26.

Authorities say the fire happened at a home in the 300 block of North County Road in Atwood.  Red Cross officials say two adults were affected in this fire, and that food, clothing, a safe place to stay, and emotional support is being provided.

Volunteers who responded were members of the local American Red Cross Disaster Action Team.  More than 20 fires have been responded to since December 12.  Red Cross officials say by having a fire escape plan and a smoke alarm, you can better protect your family and home from fire.

For more information about the American Red Cross, visit http://www.redcross.org/

Current Conditions
/
  • Current Events