Happy Tax Day!


DECATUR - It's tax day for most of us, but if you haven't completed your tax forms yet, don't panic.

You may be able to get an automatic 6-month extension of time to file. To do this, you need to file form 48-68, which you can find at www.irs.gov.

If you do file for an extension, you need to know it's only an extension for more time to file and not an extension of more time to pay.

So, you'll still need to estimate the amount you owe and pay it by today.

Current Conditions
  • Current Events