Champaign Fire Department responds to house fire early Thursday morning

Posted: Updated:

CHAMPAIGN - The Champaign Fire Department says crews responded to a house fire on the city's west side early Thursday morning.

Officials say firefighters were dispatched to the 800 block of South Duncan Road at about 2:42 a.m. for a report of a house fire.  Upon arriving at the scene, firefighters say smoke was seen coming from the front of the home.

The fire was brought under control at 2:58 a.m., and no injuries or fatalities were reported.  Champaign Fire Department officials say the fire originated in the home's kitchen, and was an accidental fire caused by unattended cooking.

The home suffered approximately $15,000 in damage, and damage to the home's contents is estimated to be $7,000.

Current Conditions
/