Home catches fire from grease on the stove

Posted:

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WAND) - Firefighters were on scene of a grease fire on Thursday afternoon. 

Fire officials say they arrived to the scene in the 1900 block of E. Cedar Street around 12 p.m. Fire and smoke were visible when they arrived. 

According to officials, the homeowners stove caught fire because of grease and they tried to throw the stove out of the home, which ending up catching the back of the home on fire. 

Luckily firefighters say no one was hurt. 

WAND-TV will have more details as soon as they become available. 

Current Conditions
/
  • Current Events

    • 2018 Winter Olympic Games listings

      These listings, which are subject to change, offer daily highlights of the XXIII Olympic Winter Games from PyeongChang, South Korea, programming across NBC, NBCSN, CNBC, USA Network, Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, NBCOlympics.com, and the NBC Sports app.

    • Agribusiness Today

      Get your agribusiness report here!

    • Web Exclusives

      Here at WAND we strive to bring you the latest coverage on news happening across central Illinois, and this page is a continuation of that effort.
    More