Flames destroyed camper after moving from pile of leaves

Posted: Updated:

PESOTUM, Ill. (WAND) – Firefighters say a fire started when a group of people left burning leaves unattended.

Pesotum crews say they were called after 5 p.m. Tuesday to the 900 block of County Road 200 North. They say they discovered burning pine needles and leaves had consumed a large camper and a shed.

Crews say a group of people left to go somewhere and came back to find the fire damage.

The fire happened in a compound with four houses nearby. Firefighters say the flames did not damage any of those structures or injure any people.

Pesotum firefighters could not provide a specific damage cost estimate for the fire.

Current Conditions
/