GREENVIEW, Ill. (WAND) – Everyone is okay after a fire at the grain elevator in Greenview on Wednesday morning.
The Greenview Fire Department said they got the call at 7:15 a.m. for a dryer fire. Pictures posted on the department’s Facebook page show corn being let out of it so crews could put out the flames.
That same post said quick action by the firefighters prevented the dryer from suffering serious damage. The scene was cleared at 9 a.m..
Petersburg Rural Fire, Menard Rescue Squad and Menard EMS also helped in putting out the fire.