Fire erupts in an Urbana home

Posted:

URBANA, Ill. (WAND) – A fire broke out overnight in Urbana.

The Urbana fire Department says the fire broke out just before 5am Saturday morning at the 1300 block of Dublin Street.

Two adults, two children, and two dogs were home at the time of the fire and all got out safely.

Officials say the fire started in the kitchen when a stove fire caught the kitchen cabinets on fire.

The Urbana Fire Department says there is about $15,000 worth of damage done to the home.

“The smoke detector alerted the family to the fire, it did exactly as it should have done," said one fire fighter, who credits working smoke detectors with keeping people safe.

Current Conditions
/