Where in Central Illinois is the StormRunner 17? Contest RulesPosted:
"Where In Central Illinois Is the StormRunner17"
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. HOW TO ENTER
- a. The "Where In Central Illinois Is the StormRunner17" contest will begin on Monday, February 16, 2009 and end on Thursday, May 21, 2009.
- b. To participate in the contest, you may enter via the following method(s): Calling the StormRunner 17 hotline at 217-424-2500, ext. 4125. Leave your name, phone number, e-mail address and where you think the StormRunner 17 was on Monday as well as Newscenter 17's website www.wandtv.com click on "Season of Change".
- c. "The Station is not responsible for telephone service outages, delays, busy signals, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call."
- d. A person may enter only one time per week and win only once during the length of the contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- a. The contest is open to all WAND Newscenter 17 listeners who are 18 years of age or older and who legally reside in Central Illinois counties that our signal reaches. Employees of WAND Newscenter 17 (the "Station"), its licensee, its corporate parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, its advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other television stations in the Champaign, Springfield, and Decatur metropolitan area and the members of their immediate families and/or households are ineligible to participate or win. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- b. Only one winner per household is permitted in any Station contest.
- c. Winner will sign a release stating that they are 18 years and older and will have to pick up their prize at WAND Newscenter 17 studios at 904 South Side Drive, Decatur, IL 62521.
- a. One weekly winner will receive an American Red Cross Emergency Kit valued at $40.
- b. All prizes or prize certificates may be picked up at the office of the Station at the address below. The winner will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed within 10 days of winning. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its loss. The Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate
- c. There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- a. Decisions of the Station management with respect to the contest are final.
- b. Each week a winner will be randomly selected from correct entries by phone or from the website. The winner will be announced on Newscenter 17 at 6 on Thursdays from February 19 through May 21, 2009.
- c. Odds of winning depend upon number of entries received.
- d. Winner need not be present to win.
- e. Winner will be announced Thursdays on Newscenter 17 at 6 and notified that evening or next day. "Winners must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within ten (10) days of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be chosen by by another random drawing of the correct entries for that week. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize.
- a. Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winners. Winners may be required to sign an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent.
- b. By participating in the contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
- c. Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, the Station in its sole discretion may require contest winners (and their travel companions, if any) to sign a liability release, agreeing to hold the Station, its corporate licensee, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated corporations, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest.
- d. The Station reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize or equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement
- e. Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in an entrant's disqualification solely at the discretion of the Station.
- f. The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest, or in the announcement of a prize.
- g. Copies of the written contest rules and a list of winners (when complete) are available during regular business hours at the main studio of WAND Newscenter 17, 904 South Side Drive, Decatur, IL 62521.
Sponsor: WAND Newscenter 17, 904 South Side Drive, Decatur, IL 62521, 217-424-2500.