EFFINGHAM, Ill. (WAND) – A fire in an Effingham garage destroyed everything inside of it.
Firefighters say it happened at a small garage located at 707 S. Oak St. They believe it started when wind pushed a brush fire to the structure, eventually allowing it to freely burn.
Crews came to the scene after noon Monday and used a hose to put it out. They say the fire did not cause any injuries and did not damage the home itself.
Firefighters say a neighbor called 911 and reported the fire.
Responders cleared the scene of the fire in about one hour.