Macon County announces new cases of COVID-19

DECATUR, ILL. (WAND) -- The Macon County Health Department has announced 90 new cases of COVID-19 in a press release Sunday evening.

Macon County's case total is now 2,525 people. Of those cases, 1,145 people have been released from isolation and 48 people have died.

58.4 percent of the total cases have been female -- the other 41.6 percent being male. The 20-29 age group has the most cases in the county -- with 424 people in that age bracket.

WAND continues to track the latest information on COVID-19 on our website. 

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.