ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — The Alaska board of education has unanimously approved a resolution that urges the state to limit the participation of transgender girls in girls school sports. The Anchorage Daily News reports the resolution passed Thursday urges the Alaska Department of Education and Early Development to create two sports divisions, one for athletes whose sex assigned at birth is female and the other for students of all genders. The resolution was added to the board’s agenda Thursday at the end of a three-day meeting in Juneau. It had unanimous support from the eight members.
Alaska education board asks state for transgender sports ban
Post a comment as anonymous
Watch this discussion. Stop watching this discussion.
- Small business owners concerned about new PTO law
- Police: 2 dead, suspect arrested
- Bill repealing archaic marriage prohibitions passes out of Illinois House
- Illinois House passes declawing ban
- Former CEO of Taylorville Chamber of Commerce arrested for embezzlement
- 2 Illinois teens dead after sledding at Colorado ski resort
- Three suspects arrested for Decatur shooting that killed pregnant woman, injured 4-year-old
- Arrest made in shooting death of 16-year-old in Urbana
- Snow has partly covered roads
- Person wounded in Springfield shooting
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.