The man accused of plowing his SUV into a parade of Christmas marchers could have turned down a side street but didn’t. Once he passed it, he never touched the brakes — barreling through and leaving bodies in his wake, according to a criminal complaint. No motive has been given for Darrell Brooks Jr., the suspect in the suburban Milwaukee crash Sunday that killed six people and injured more than 60 others, but it may not matter if he goes to trial. Experts say the evidence strongly supports intentional homicide charges that would mean life in prison. His attorneys cautioned people not to judge the case before all facts are known.
Copyright 2021 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.
- Delta suspends services at Central Illinois Regional Airport
- Suspected crack cocaine dealer arrested in Springfield
- Pritzker signs congressional maps into law
- Man injured outside Decatur Masonic Temple
- Convicted killer who led police on chase will serve prison time
- Second murder suspect denies involvement in Decatur drive-by shooting
- One dead after single vehicle fatal crash in Shelby County
- HSHS St. John's Hospital updates visitor guidelines
- Deputies: Man grabbed elderly woman by neck
- One injured in two-vehicle crash on Grand and IL-48