SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — San Francisco police have released video of officers shooting a knife-wielding man who charged at them in a residential hotel. Forty-one-year-old Ajmal Amani was shot Friday morning in a narrow corridor of the building on South of Market after threatening several people with a large kitchen knife. Acquaintances say Amani was a former Afghan interpreter for U.S. special forces who had been shot several times and struggled with post-traumatic stress disorder. Hotel and police body camera video of the shooting were released Wednesday at a police town hall meeting. An investigation is ongoing.
Copyright 2021 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.
- Delta suspends services at Central Illinois Regional Airport
- Suspected crack cocaine dealer arrested in Springfield
- Pritzker signs congressional maps into law
- Man injured outside Decatur Masonic Temple
- Convicted killer who led police on chase will serve prison time
- Second murder suspect denies involvement in Decatur drive-by shooting
- One dead after single vehicle fatal crash in Shelby County
- HSHS St. John's Hospital updates visitor guidelines
- Deputies: Man grabbed elderly woman by neck
- One injured in two-vehicle crash on Grand and IL-48