One person injured in fire, firefighter also sent to hospital

Posted: Updated:

LINCOLN, ILL (WAND) - A Mechanical fire is blamed for a fire destroying Treu Body Works in Lincoln.

The fire happened just after 11:00 a.m. on Wednesday morning.

The fire chief tells WAND News, the fire started from a mechanical failure in a paint room. One person was injured and taken to a Springfield hospital. His condition is not known at this time. 

When crews arrived on scene, the building was engulfed in flames. Multiple fire departments were called to aid in putting on the flames.

One fireman was taken to the hospital as a precaution after being overcome by the heat. He is expected to be OK.

Current Conditions
/
  • Current Events

    • Spirit of Giving

      Join WAND, Cromwell Radio, Walmart North and Macon County Toys for Tots in the Spirit of Giving Toy Drive, Friday, December 1st. T

    • Coats for Kids Drive

      DECATUR, Ill. (WAND) - You can help keep central Illinois children warm this winter by donating new and gently used coats during WAND-TV's Coats for Kids drive.

    • Agribusiness Today

      Get your agribusiness report here!

    • Web Exclusives

      Here at WAND we strive to bring you the latest coverage on news happening across central Illinois, and this page is a continuation of that effort.
    More