Fire causes evacuation in Rantoul Rural King

RANTOUL, Ill. (WAND) - Fire departments responded to a fire at Rural King in Rantoul Sunday.

The Rantoul fire department was dispatched at 2:41 P.M. and arrived on the scene five minutes later. Heavy smoke was coming from the back of the store. Eventually the transformer blew a fuse that caused the smoking to stop.

The fire started from a transformer wire that caught fire in a bus duct. the amount of damage is unknown at this point. Much of the damaged parts are over 50 years old, meaning it will be difficult to repair them.

The Rural King will be shutdown until repairs are made.

WAND is working to get more details at this point.