Last updated: December 21, 2018
WAND TV Partnership and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities (together, “WAND-TV,” “us,” or “we”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it.
This Policy applies to information we collect: (1) on this Website; (2) through our mobile, desktop, or television applications (each, an “App”); (3) when you communicate with us electronically including by email, text-message, or other site-related electronic communication; and (4) when you interact with our advertising on third-party websites (collectively, the “Services”).
It does not apply to information collected by: (1) us offline; or (2) any third party including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
2. Children Under the Age of 13
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Services, make any purchases through the Services, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Services or provide any information about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
3. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
· by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other information that is defined as personal or personally-identifiable information under an applicable law ("personal information");
· that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your responses to online polls; and/or
· about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services and usage details.
We collect this information:
· Directly from you when you provide it to us.
· Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
· From third parties, for example, our business partners.
a. Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
· Information that you provide to us when you use our Services, including information provided at the time of registering for an account, signing up for text alerts, subscribing to news updates, promotions, weather alerts, school closings, and other communications from us, posting material, or reporting a problem with our Services. This also includes information you provide when you choose to participate in surveys, polls, sweepstakes, contests or promotions sponsored by us.
· Records and copies of your communications (including email addresses), if you contact us.
· Details of transactions you carry out through use of our Services including details relating to the placement and fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Services.
· Your searches on the Services.
· Your job applications.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed ("posted") on public areas of the Services or transmitted to other users of the Services or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
b. Information We Collect or Store as You Access and Use the Service
As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
· Details of your access to and use of the Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Services.
· Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and a device’s telephone number.
· The areas within our Services that you visit and your activities there.
· Your device characteristics.
· Date and time of day of access.
We may use various tracking technologies, whether now in existence or hereafter created, to store and collect usage information. Tracking technologies may set, change, alter or modify settings or configurations on your device. Tracking technologies include:
(1) Cookies. A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer or your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide convenience and other features to you. You may block, limit, or delete the storage of browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser or other software, or deleting the cookies manually from your device. However, if you block and/or delete cookies, some portions of our Services may not function properly or be available to you. Unless you have adjusted your browser setting so that it will block cookies, our systems will issue cookies when you direct your browser to our Services.
A couple of important notes about this opt-out tool: (1) it includes all the advertising networks that we may work with, but also many that we do not work with; and (2) it may rely on cookies to ensure that a given advertising network does not collect information about you (“Opt-out Cookies”) – an explanation of how Opt-out Cookies work can be found on www.aboutads.info. Therefore, if you use a different device, change web browsers or delete these Opt-out Cookies from your computer, you will need to perform the opt-out task again. In addition, third-party mobile applications, such as AppChoices (offered by the Digital Advertising Alliance), may allow you to opt out of preference-based advertising via your device.
(3) Do Not Track Features: Certain internet browsers may offer you the option of providing notice to websites that you do not wish for your online activities to be tracked for preference-based advertising purposes (“DNT Notice”). Some browsers are, by default, set to provide a DNT Notice, whether that reflects your preference. Please note that with respect to our Website, we do not take any action based on browser based DNT Notices. If you do not wish to participate in preference-based advertising activities, you should follow the simple opt-out process identified above.
There may be other tracking technologies now or later developed that we use in connection with the Services.
c. Information from Other Sources
We may receive information from third parties and use it individually or combine that information with information we collect through the Services. For example:
• We may allow you to use and share our Services by using an account you have with a social network or other third party, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter (“Social Network Account”). In such instances, we may receive, and you are granting us access to certain information regarding your Social Network Account (e.g., friends, mutual friends, contacts, etc.). We may make this information available on or through the Services and to our users. You may be able to restrict what information is shared and how it is used through privacy and other settings. Also, depending on the privacy settings you have set in your Social Network Account, personally identifiable information may be shared with us and made available through the Services and to our users.
• We may receive information from data collection technologies employed by third parties, for more information see Third Party Information Collection.
4. Third-Party Information Collection
Some content or applications, including advertisements, that are on the Services are served by third parties, including advertisers, ad networks and servers, analytics companies, content providers, and application providers, who use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you access and use our Services or visit third-party sites. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral advertising) or other targeted content. We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Your Choices About Our Use Of Your Information.
Our Services may also link to, contain links to or embed functionality provided by third parties; we do not control or maintain these third parties, nor are we responsible for the privacy practices they employ.
If you have any questions about a third party’s practices, you should read the third party’s privacy statement or contact the third party directly.
5. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
· To provide the Services and associated content to you.
· To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
· To manage your account and provide you notices about your account.
· To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
· To send you communications that we believe may be of interest to you, including information about our own and third parties’ products, services, news, events, promotions, or special offers.
· To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
· To process transactions and send you related information, including receipts or other documentation related to any purchases you make.
· To notify you about changes to the Services or any products or services we offer or provide though the Services.
· To allow you to participate in interactive features through the Services.
· In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
· For any other purpose with your consent.
In addition, the information we collect automatically helps us to improve our Services and allows us to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
· Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
· Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Services according to your individual interests.
· Speed up your searches.
· Recognize you when you use the Services.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
6. Public Forums
7. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
· To our subsidiaries and affiliates, and business partners.
· To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business operations.
· To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of WAND-TV’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by WAND-TV and obtained through our Services (including Website and Apps) is among the assets transferred.
· To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see Your Choices About Our Use of Your Information.
· To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
· For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
· With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
· To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
· If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of WAND-TV, our customers, or others.
8. Your Choices About Our Use of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
· Promotional Offers from Us. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by us to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or at any other time by logging into the Services and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a marketing or promotional email, you may select the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email or you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to WAND-TV as a result of a product purchase, product service experience or certain other transactions. If you are currently receiving text messages from us, you may opt out by following the instructions contained in those messages.
· Targeted Advertising by Us. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or by emailing your request to email@example.com.
· Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. You can also always opt-out by logging into the Services and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Location Information: you may withdraw your consent by disabling location features for your device – the Services should still work though certain location features may not function and certain other Services may be limited.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
9. Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Services and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
10. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Services who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: 904 South Side Drive, Decatur, Illinois 62521.
11. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Services like comment sections. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we take reasonable steps to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
13. Contact Information
904 South Side Drive
Decatur, Illinois 62521